Senior Software Developer
- Location: Washington, DC
- Start Date: 1/23/2023
- Job ID: 23-00041
- Posting Date: 1/23/2023
- Job Type: Contract
Works independently as a senior resource to the development team. The Senior Software Developer will ensure that development project deliverables meet business, architecture and technical requirements, while supporting existing systems. This role will contribute to the quality our systems via automation that enables unit testing. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing existing applications and assisting with modernization by leveraging cloud native functionality, where applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists with the development of organizational standards for system architecture, system security, and system documentation. Ensures that application design and development products are in alignment with standards, policies and procedures.
Acts as senior technical resource to development staff and ensures that business goals are translated into effective and efficient applications.
Liaises with the software development manager, enterprise architect and business owners to define project requirements and ensure efficient implementation.
Designs, codes, tests, debugs, configures, and documents applications. Creates unit and regression tests to find errors and to validate that developed code meets project specifications.
Develops and integrates applications with the underlying database technology and ensures testing at the database level.
Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, cloud infrastructure, and operating system environments; interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls.
Works independently and as part of an Agile development team to design and develop new SQL queries, stored procedures and database applications. Modifies existing stored procedures and applications in AWS Native Database Technologies, Oracle Linux/Windows environment to support IT delivery projects.
Create, support and maintain CICD Technologies and AWS Database Technologies.
Assists in the definition, capture, and reporting of relevant development metrics.
Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems and computer capabilities
Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
Mentors team and collaborate with cross team, helping to increase their technical proficiency and development skills.
Work closely with the release manager and identify cross-functional dependencies and ensure conflict free releases.
Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs; trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Responsible for monitoring the Agile work board and for guiding their team toward continuously improving the velocity and quality of product development they perform. Responsible for leading their team to meet or exceed department metrics targets.
- Writes, speaks and presents effectively. Explains the immediate context of the situation, asks questions with follow-ups, and seeks advice prior to taking action. Develops compelling presentations that provide information clearly to influence others.
- Demonstrates the ability to use different problem-solving strategies and select the one that best meets the requirements of the situation. Gathers data to support recommendations and seeks approval before taking action to minimize potential risk. Keeps the big picture in mind while focusing on specific issues.
- Takes initiative to actively participate in team interactions. Draws on the strengths of fellow team members. Actively seeks opinions and ideas from people of varied background and experiences to improve decisions.
- Seven years of relevant development experience
- Extensive experience in developing data driven applications using Python, .Net Framework, .Net Core, C#, MVC, ASP.NET is required
- AWS Associate Architect certificate preferred
- Experience with developing SOAP, REST API applications and testing them for service-oriented architecture, authentication, and handling SSL certificates, X509 certificates is required
- Experience with developing applications, databases and infrastructure as code using AWS Native Services is required
- Working knowledge of AWS API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, Containers is required
- Experience with python packages is required
- Experience in writing REST API using Python / C# (.Net Core) is required
- Experience with using unit testing framework for .Net, Python, ReachJS is required
- Experience in performance tuning and memory management for applications is required
- Experience with working with source control systems and CI/CD pipeline systems is required
- Sound knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL along with strong technical knowledge and skills in Databases preferred Oracle 11g/12c, with Stored Procedure development experience. Good understanding of non-relations databases is preferred
- Experience with developing AWS serverless and highly available applications is desired
- Expertise in developing applications that rely on caching is desired
- Experience in the development of enterprise design and coding standards
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and IIS