Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Location: Jamesburg, NY
- Start Date: 1/11/2022
- Job ID: 22-00025
- Posting Date: 1/11/2022
- Job Type: Direct Placement
OverviewUtilizes technical expertise to design, develop, implement and support large scale projects. Acts as a liaison between the user community and Business Process Reengineering team. Mentors other Systems Analysts and brings updated technical information to the team.
Responsibilities- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs.
- Advanced knowledge of database design and creation of stored procedures in both Oracle and SQL.
- Investigates and resolves application functionality related issues.
- Researches upcoming trends and makes recommendations for internal technology improvements.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced programmers in order to improve productivity.
- Consults with internal customers on complex projects and utilizes information to make system improvements.
- Participates/Leads in code review/solution design sessions.
- Escalates issue and project progress to Senior Management.
- Prioritizes multiple and conflicting priorities with the assistance of the group manager.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline required, plus 5-7 years of related experience.
*A note on degree requirements for this title: the term "engineering discipline " refers primarily to a degree in Mechanical, Software or Electrical Engineering, with additional consideration given to candidates who have degrees in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biology or Chemistry if they have attended recognized engineering schools or otherwise demonstrate sufficient knowledge of engineering skills.
- Beneficial Skills: C#, Microsoft Office Systems, MS Server 2008 and IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, AJAX, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath Oracle, TFS.