Network Engineer Consultant
- Location: Ghent, KY
- Start Date: 12/1/2021
- Job ID: 21-00789
- Posting Date: 12/1/2021
- Job Type: Contract
This position is responsible for providing professional systems engineering service and technical support to the local and wide area network.
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resources utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work with established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with company's cyber security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Remains abreast of the latest process systems technologies, including: hardware, software, analysis, and design.
- Helps maintain adequate spare parts for critical process systems hardware and peripherals.
- Fully supporting, configuring, maintaining and upgrading corporate networks and servers.
- Installing and integrating new server hardware and applications.
- Adding, changing, or deleting users from the servers and/or networks.
- Ensuring that systems are backed up and ready for any outages that may occur.
- Supporting of MPLS network, telecom, and other related Datacom connectivity.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicate changes effectively; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- 5+ years of IT experience in network engineering and support
- Experience working with Cisco hubs, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Additional demonstrable knowledge or experience in IT related areas are a plus such as Windows Server, VMWare, Microsoft applications, and anti-virus
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated self-starter who is eager to contribute to overall department and company success.
- Excellent communication skills