Remote Senior Business Analyst
- Location: ,
- Start Date: 11/22/2021
- Job ID: 21-00765
- Posting Date: 11/22/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
We are now looking for a Business Analyst to join our team! The responsibility of the Business Analyst is to liaise and interact with clients to provide high quality business design associated with Billing products. They interact with clients to gather their requirements, and then impart the business knowledge to the technical designers and the test analysts. Overall, the Business Analyst must ensure that the technical team delivers the requirements of the customer in a useful and useable way.
- Coordinate and manage business analyst related work products throughout the system implementation lifecycle (training, design, configuration, testing, implementation, and production).
- Coordinate and lead business requirement sessions to evaluate the customer's business objectives and goals.
- Draft customer requirement documents to identify the customer's business needs and how our system can meet those business needs.
- Advise customers on system software configuration changes needed to meet the customer's business objectives.
- Identify and design system customizations needed to meet the customer's business needs.
- Liaise with developers to ensure that the best possible solutions are presented to the customer for their consideration.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to modify system software.
- Conduct training sessions for the customer's project team on all relevant system functions and evaluate the effectiveness of the system version to be implemented.
- Prepare estimates for time frames required to complete business related tasks.
- Peer review and provide feedback for work products created by other Business Analysts.
- Utilize project tracking tools to maintain and update project information (e.g. Jira).
- Design functional and integration test plans/scripts and perform testing activities.
- Develop and document project testing approach/plan.
- Liaise with QA Testers to ensure accuracy and completeness of all test results.
- Follow acceptable standards and techniques for the development of design documents, test plans/scripts and estimates.
- Coordinates with other Business Analysts on strategies across areas of expertise.
- Develop a solid understanding of the big picture and communicate effectively with internal and external resources.
- Apply specialized software knowledge to analyze, design, and implement solutions which address simple to complex business requirements.
- Anticipate and resolve software problems.
- Create functional specifications documenting the client's software requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct system / acceptance testing efforts with client.
- Prepare and submit weekly status/trip reports as requested.
- Able to make presentations to all levels of project participants, executives and external audiences.
- 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience in the Utilities or Retail Energy industry preferred
- Must be well organized with excellent listening, communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to effectively facilitate functional workshops.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Jira / Agile
- Fundamental skill and applied use of Relational databases and SQL.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships.
- 10 years' experience as a Business Analyst in the Utilities or Retail Energy industry
- Utility or Retail Energy EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) experience
- Proven track record of successfully overseeing software projects using Agile and Waterfall methodologies