- Location: Gastonia, NC
- Start Date: 6/4/2021
- Job ID: 21-00348
- Posting Date: 6/4/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our client is looking for an experienced EDI Specialist to join their IT Department with strong experience working with an EDI Translator. The EDI Specialist is responsible for the support and execution of EDI mapping activities mainly the area of Sales & Distribution or other business required areas utilizing EDI technologies. The position is a core member of the IT Department.
- Executes Project tasks assigned i.e. developing EDI mapping spec's, gap analysis, programming, configuration of EDI Axway or similar EDI platform
- Analyzes EDI & translation issues and provides independent solutions.
- Review of functional testing for new or changed transactions, system upgrades and system enhancements.
- Collaborating with internal/external customers, business units, an d other IT groups to identify requirements, assess available technologies, and translate requirements into solutions.
- Tracks and logs EDI data for resend and exception processing
- Monitoring EDI-System and connected Sub-Systems
- Coordination of external EDI Service Providers
- Handle incident management and change management through help desk process.
- Responsible for the development of documentation for internal processes, technical, and non-technical
- Conduct knowledge sharing session with internal stake holders or external stake holders whenever necessary and requested.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant IT and EDI experience; specifically working on an EDI Translation systemlike Axway, Gentran, Seeburger, etc.
- Experienced working in an international, multi-cultural team with offshore programming resources.
- Familiar with EDI Translator formats, processes and standards
- Axway TSIM 3.7 or similar translator products strongly preferred
- General Linux/ UNIX commands and scripting
- EDI standard formats, such as ANSI X12, EDIFACT for business transactions such as orders, invoices, etc.
- Mapping to and from the EDI standard and SAP's IDOC formats and reports, as well as able to code for proprietary formats and flat files.
- Familiar with setting up communication protocols such as FTP, various secured FTPs, AS2 along with related scripting on Linux/ Unix.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%
- Automotive/Manufacturing environment experience
- SAP experience