Senior Systems Analyst
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Start Date: 3/29/2021
- Job ID: 21-00182
- Posting Date: 3/29/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our Client, based in Jacksonville, FL, is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst to join their IT team. This individual's main responsibilities will be to plan, develop, test, maintain and document, computer applications and databases.
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine time required and compatibility with current system and computer capabilities.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Read manuals, periodicals, technical reports, and research using other available information to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
- Formulate plan outlining steps required to develop programs.
- Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps programs must follow and describe logical operations involved.
- Design user interfaces to accomplish goals of user requests.
- Convert project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer.
- Program by encoding project requirements into computer language. Utilize commands to run and test programs.
- Read computer output or observe user interface to detect syntax or logic errors during program tests or use diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replace, delete, or modify software to correct errors.
- Analyze, review, and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections for both internal use and to comply with auditor requirements.
- Write documentation for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assist users to solve operating problems.
- Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and modify programs to correct errors.
- Train users to use programs and provide technical assistance.
- Install and test programs at user site. Verify accuracy and performance of programs after implementation and correct any problems caused by the implementation.
- Provide 24x7 technical support on a rotation basis following guidelines set by management.
- Responds to helpdesk calls to assist users when needed.
- A minimum of five years recent experience on IBM i system using RPG Free, RPG ILE, RPG IV, RPG III, procedures, service programs, CL, DB2 for i, DDL, DDS, SQL, embedded SQL, and subfiles.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and flowcharting tools
- Experience with RDi, Midrange Dynamics MDCMS, TL Ashford, functions, stored procedures, Java, ASP.NET or VB.NET is a plus.