Senior Analyst- Marketing
- Location: Melville, NY
- Start Date: 11/16/2020
- Job ID: 20-00573
- Posting Date: 11/16/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
This position is responsible for collaborating with the teams to track, measure, and report the performance. This individual will be responsible for tracking sales growth and profit performance based on budget, market segments, sales channels and trade information. They will also track the performance relative to goals, benchmarks, and other key criteria. They will be responsible to use data based on sales, leads, and customer information to gain insight into customer behavior and promotion/campaign performance.In addition, this position will assist in the creation and management of forecasting models, budgets, R&O, cost centers and P&L. The Analyst will work with the Finance team, Marketing team, the Data Analytics team and other internal groups to obtain the necessary data and perform the required analysis. They will work closely with the Marketing Managers to understand what is needed, and provide consistent updates on the progress of work being completed.
- Partners with internal and supplier stakeholders to understand business objectives and define KPIs, working data-driven insights and identify analytics-related organic growth opportunities wherever possible to uncover.
- Tracks and measures the results of the sales and GP, including analysis to budget, R&O, prior year and other criteria. This will include creating detailed performance reports.
- Tracks and measures the results of marketing activities, promotions and campaigns relative to goals, benchmarks and other criteria to understand impact. This will include creating detailed performance reports with actionable insights/recommendations to facilitate decision making.
- Understands the team's strategy and goals, and anticipates the reporting needs of the team.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for new analysis in an effort to improve sales and interprets the data to make recommendations to the marketing team on actionable initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to others to analyze statistics, brainstorm ideas based on results about why certain marketing activities performed well or not.
- Develops easy to understand dashboards, spreadsheets and presentations that the marketing team can show internal and supplier stakeholders. Communicates progress with projects often and in a clear, concise writing style.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes trends in performance metrics to identify which activities/promotions/campaigns are working best and why, as well as what tactics can be improved upon. Presents recommendations for improvement on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for all Brands.
- Partners with internal and supplier stakeholders to develop forecasting models.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Senior level professional; knowledge and full understanding of one or more disciplines and good knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, strong analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve issues and assignments in creative ways. Some assignments may be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project co-lead role as required.
Work on problems of diverse scope and moderate impact where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business strategy to solve complex problems; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel including vast knowledge of functions
- Experience with Access databases, data mining, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Intellectually curious, resourceful and highly ambitious personality energized by new challenges & opportunities.
- Self-motivated with analytical mind capable of critical thinking and working independently with strong excel skills is needed.
- Strong judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, and accuracy is required to perform tasks. Is able to learn quickly and has a passion for problem solving.