Manager of EDI Data Integration
- Location: Latham, NY
- Start Date: 10/3/2019
- Job ID: 19-00617
- Posting Date: 10/4/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Scope and Purpose of Position:
The role of the Manager of EDI Data Integration is to provide leadership and direction to the Client's EDI Data Integration team in implementing and maintaining EDI X12 solutions and is responsible for assisting the ongoing operational excellence of the enterprise technology environment. This includes the development, design and maintenance of inbound data processing and outbound data processing using the tools within the business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Data Engineers and EDI Integration Analysts/Mappers in daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and execution of all EDI data integration tasks and strategies.
- Formulate strategies to reduce costs and increase efficiencies across organizational processes
- Develop strategic roadmaps to rationalize technology footprint and consolidate tools and platforms
- Develop standardized approaches and designs for use of organizational assets and integrate these approaches into new implementations and conversion of existing processes to future-state design.
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and analyze EDI solutions using IBM Transformation Extender Advanced (ITXA) and IBM GenTran tools; develop project plans and timeframes to migrate and convert existing maps from IBM GenTran to IBM ITXA with goal of retiring IBM GenTran technology platform.
- Architect and design B2B and B2C solutions using Axway SecureTransport and MoveIt Automation (Central) Process Scripts tools; develop project plans and timeframes to migrate existing processes from MoveIT to SecureTransport with goal of retiring MoveIT technology platform.
- Manage integration between all project teams on Development-related activities for interfaces activities
- Design solutions to maximize investment of Axway Sentinel for end-to-end job monitoring controls and reporting.
- Develop and maintain IBM Mainframe Job Control Language (JCL) programs and schedules.
- Perform complex healthcare EDI X12 mapping activities related to standard formats including 837 inbound claims, 837 outbound encounters, 834 inbound enrollment and 835 remittance advice.
- Integrate EDI X12 files with Optum Transaction Validation Manager (OTVM) for compliance checks and validation
- Create various current state, transitional state and end state integration architectures.
- Develop SQL queries and stored procedures and automate integration with EDI X12 processes
- Develop EDI transaction processing and validation reporting solutions
- Participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of various components and systems that are required to be highly efficient, robust and scalable.
- Design, develop and implement system-monitoring tools for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners that adhere to organizational compliance standards
- Design, develop and implement automation tools and processes for all inbound, internal and outbound data transmissions with systems, customers and partners.
- Ensure completeness of development deliverables which includes program delivery, testing and documentation
- Identify, analyze and communicate recurring problems and develop remediation plans.
- Review and enhance documentation for troubleshooting and resolution procedures for all levels of support.
- Maintain compliance and reporting for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners
- Lead and participate in providing data and informational requests for internal and external audits surrounding file archiving and data controls.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required in a Computer Science, Technology or Engineering program
- 5+ years' experience in healthcare EDI
- 5+ years' with XML data mapping and/or XSLT transformations with IBM ITXA and/or IBM GenTran
- 5+ year's experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Previous leadership experience desired but not required; in absence of direct leadership experience, demonstration of increasing job responsibilities and team leadership capabilities a must.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare EDI X12 standards, including 837, 834, 835, 999, TA1, 270/271 and 277CA specifications
- Experience in adhering to SSAE 16 and SOC-1 Compliance standards for SDLC design and implementation
- Prior experience with IBM JCL programming a plus
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with enterprise environments that include multiple site location
- Ability to read and interpret documents clearly and informatively
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
- The ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Work independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute manual detailed tasks
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, customers, internal and external clients.