Sr. IT Cloud Solutions Engineer
- Location: Bloomington, IL
- Start Date: 8/1/2019
- Job ID: 19-00490
- Posting Date: 8/1/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- This position ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high-quality Cloud technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost-effective way.
- Design, build, implement, and support IT Cloud solutions.
- Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well.
- Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- 10+ years of IT experience with a focus on Cloud solutions and applications
- Expertise with Cloud applications such as Pivotal, Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience establishing Cloud adoption plans and work with business stakeholders to translate requirements into application architecture.
- Experience with application architecture and deployment in Cloud environments, including blue/green deployments, micro-services, API management, auto-scaling CI/CD pipelines, and Cloud native languages (HTML/CSS/Java/.Net/Go/Node.js/Python/Ruby).