Data Analyst/Front End Developer
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Start Date: 1/8/2019
- Job ID: 19-00027
- Posting Date: 1/11/2019
- Job Type: Contract
The Data Analyst / Front End Developer will work in the Nestle Regional Business Solutions Customer Analytics area. The role has responsibility to work on a Technical team to build and sustain Point of Sale (POS) analytic solutions. The person in this position must be able to work closely with business analysts to understand business requirements and translate them into an effective design. Responsibilities include developing, documenting, and sustaining reporting solutions associated with the Consumer packaged goods industry for multiple business areas (Sales, Category Management, Product Supply, Customer Service, Financial, Promotion, and Retail Sales). Experience with Point of Sale Analytics is strongly desired. Knowledge of SAP BW is desired, but not required. Limited Travel may be required.
" Develop reporting solutions using 3rd party vendor software and in-house developed solutions
" Contribute to and lead design discussions based on business requirements provided in order to develop technical requirements and specifications.
" Translate business specifications and process designs into technical requirements for analytic solutions.
" Provide data analysis and recommendations for the enhancement, correction, and/or development of Nestle Analytic applications
" Provide production support for existing reporting solutions
" Provide technical leadership within project teams as a subject matter expert and conduct/participate in technical design, and code reviews
" Identify indicators of potential problems/issues, perform root cause analysis, and alert business community and/or technical team with recommended courses of action.
1. Must display a sense of urgency
2. Experience with Excel VBA desired
3. Advanced SQL skills, with experience in developing Stored Procedures/Functions
4. Needs to have experience querying and analyzing data in relational database environment
5. Clearly communicate both orally and in writing technical concepts across all levels of the organization.
6. Experience with Business Intelligence front end applications and directly querying database environments (SQL, Oracle SQLServer, U-SQL, AFO, VBA, Excel Pivot, Power BI, Business Objeccts, SAP BW, SAP HANA, Azure, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, SSAS)
8. Experience with modern scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, ksh, bsh, etc.
9. Experience with Microsoft TFS or VSTS