Controllers are responsible for planning, procurement, and investments in organizations. They play an integral part in having accurate and timely financial operations. In this job report, we explore the demand, salaries, and skills sought after by hiring managers, providing valuable insights for both job seekers and employers in the field.
Here is a quick job report on controllers in the US:
Number of Job Openings
26,359 (CareerBuilder’s estimate)
$82,500 annually or $39.75 per hour
- Houston, TX
- Miami, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- Charlotte, NC
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• Advanced degrees or professional certifications ie: CPA
Similar Job Titles
• Chief Financial Officer
• Director of Finance
|• Account Manager
• Assistant Controller
• Staff Accountant
Resume Tips for Job Seekers
According to CareerBuilder and our recent job postings, hiring managers might look for controllers to have the following skills and experience:
|☐ Accounts receivable/payable
☐ Automated clearing house
☐ Financial management
☐ Reporting and analysis
☐ Bank reconciliations
☐ Team management
☐ Compliance and controls
Common Interview Questions
- How do you prioritize your workflow and make certain that it’s completed in a timely manner?
- Describe what you believe are some of the best strategies for increasing a company’s revenue.
- What is the difference between GAAP and IFRS accounting principles?
Recent Accounting and Finance Job Openings:
More on our job board.
Whether you are looking for a new role as a controller or a similar field in accounting and finance, EDI Staffing can help you with your search. Submit your resume!
Leave a Reply