Remote WMS Business Systems Analyst
- Location: Youngstown, OH
- Start Date: 5/17/2022
- Job ID: 22-00347
- Posting Date: 5/17/2022
- Job Type: Direct Placement
We are seeking an ambitious, professional individual to perform business analysis and requirements and implement, support, document and train end users on using the Proprietary WMS / Order Management Enterprise Systems, our warehouse management application supports RF scanning with integration into ERP (order management, accounting, and other supply chain applications). Prior experience with warehousing processes, systems setup and configuration and solutions is preferred in a 3PL and Automotive JIT Sequencing, Bulk, and CMA fulfillment environment. The individual will interface with internal and external departments.
- Develop business requirements and high-level specifications for the design and development of software enhancements based on customer's requests. Knowledge of Visio, Excel, Power BI as well as all MS Office products is recommended.
- Assist departments in their process definition/enhancement activities and drive necessary policies and procedures to make them more self-sufficient.
- Gather and document information from departments when they request changes (e.g., report customizations) or report problems with an application.
- Analyze configuration with the objective of explaining to a department why the application behaves a certain way.
- Make appropriate configuration to the application based on department needs and preferences.
- Training on using WMS and internal systems.
- Work with SAP EDI integration
- Work closely with Project Manager, Technical and Product Managers to ensure successful implementations.
- Provide timely updates and reports.
- Secures relevant information, integrates data from different sources, and identifies root causes for issues.
- Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
- Monitor status issues, assist with project direction and help facilitate solutions.
- Ensure all activities are completed within schedule and delivered satisfactorily.
- Communicate the latest features of the most current upgrades.
- Provide timely (on-call) support to application users regarding: Application configuration questions/issues, gathering user requests for changes, application functions questions.
- Interface with the Development Team regarding: user's request for changes, updated systems. documentation, high-level solution design for new application functions development, etc.
- Manage ticketed query systems and ensure resolutions are kept up to date.
- Makes sure application configuration in the facilities are correct. Schedules facilities application configuration 'audits' and resolve wrong configurations.
- 5+ years of experience with an understanding of WMS systems with warehouse operations experience.
- Experience in WMS integration, customer support, implementations, project management, and system configurations.
- Full implementation including setup of WMS and master data for sequencing and non-sequencing operations.
- Experience with SAP integration including EDI (SAP IDOCs)
- Experience in RF barcode scanning devices and applications and industry standards and barcode label printing helpful.
- MS SQL querying / reporting a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures.
- Be able to understand issues, determine root causes, to collaborate with internal and external teams, to communicate frequently and comprehensively until they are resolved.
- Proposes creative solutions and innovations.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- The ability to multi-task and manage across multiple customer and internal activities.
- Team player with customer service focused attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.