- Location: Watertown, WI
- Start Date: 10/5/2021
- Job ID: 21-00642
- Posting Date: 10/5/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The EDI Specialist main objective is to develop, coordinate, implement, and support all EDI related developments for the organization and shareholder operations. The position is responsible for analyzing EDI requirements from trading/business partners to develop and implement interfaces, applications, and mappings. The EDI Specialist serves as the link between the organization and EDI trading/business partners.
- Set up and maintain trading partnerships such as EDI communications, company information including contacts and EDI documents, etc.
- Develop and test maps for EDI messages
- Work with trading partners to set up initial compliance requirements
- Daily monitoring EDI process, observing data transactions to record and assist in resolving errors
- Configure and support communications software components
- Identify and communicate any opportunities and improvements to the EDI processes
- Assist the team with problem solving
- Participate in IS meetings to provide updates on all activities surrounding ERP application system support.
- Work with other members of the Information Services staff in providing end user support and maintaining a solid and healthy computing environment
- Keep current on new technology, software applications, and hardware. Make recommendations to management on areas where company can improve cost or efficiency through new or improved technology.
- Assist with ERP system development as necessary
- On a rotating basis with other information services personnel, provide 24x7 support for information services functions. This requires keeping in possession a cell phone and responding in a reasonable amount of time to any calls/voice mails received.
- 3+ years of EDI experience
- Experience with EDI mapping systems (Trusted Link helpful)
- Experience with EDI communications such as AS2, FTP, SFTP, VAN, etc.
- Experience working with multiple EDI file formats and transactions such as 810, 850, 856, 860, etc.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (JD Edwards a plus)
- Effective time-management skills
- High levels of organization
- Excellent communication skills