Senior EDI Systems Analyst
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Start Date: 7/27/2021
- Job ID: 21-00478
- Posting Date: 7/27/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine time required and compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consult with user to identify current operating procedures, clarify program objectives, and create detailed design documentation. Formulate plan outlining steps required to develop program and submit plan to manager for approval.
- Design, develop, modify, debug, alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements and implement short- and long-term solutions to IT needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure for use throughout the Company.
- Analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and describe logical operations involved, perform coding and test/debug programs, and maintain Project Life Cycle (PLC) standards in Gentran maps or the Mainframe process or both.
- Verify whether any changes must be on Gentran Maps or the Interfacing applications and create Functional/Technical Design.
- Perform complex analysis of database information, system journals and logs to investigate and correct problems that have affected the normal flow of business, extract data from various platforms and databases to import/export application systems data with iSeries.
- Analyze the current EDI Gentran maps both inbound and outbound for the customer in an effort to migrate (build new maps) on EDI/B2B Sterling Integrator version 126.96.36.199, Major EDI documents used are EDI850, EDI875, EDI855, EDI856, EDI810, EDI880, EDI852, EDI820, EDI 830, EDI 864, EDI214, EDI215 and many more.
- Identify the gaps feeding system/applications and sourcing Gentran processes on AS400 with new system/applications which are interfacing with EDI Sterling Integrator processes as part of big migration project.
- Analyze the upstream/downstream interfaces for EDI documents and identify list of fields/attributes which are missing (gaps), which need to be transformed to match the current Gentran mapping layout due to change in Source/Target applications.
- Work with trading partners to set-up partner mapping, perform parallel testing and troubleshooting, translate various file formats, ensure communication, and facilitate the flow of new and existing transactions.
- Perform EDI support by monitoring incoming and outgoing EDI for issues daily. Resolve issues, document solutions including instructions for recreating and retransmitting EDI documents and ensure that all electronic transactions supporting data translation can be completed.
- Organize and maintain EDI documentation knowledge base. This includes all trading partner specifications, documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections, for both internal use and to comply with auditor requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent, plus a minimum of seven (7) years directly related experience in EDI technical administration and operations support, including experience with IBM Gentran (AS400) and Sterling Integrator EDI/B2B, Mapping, BPML, Performance Tuning, and Database Management Systems (DB2 & SQL) for file mapping.Skills Required
- 2+ years working experience with IBMi AS400 system understanding RPG code.
- In-depth experience using all phases of EDI/B2B IBM Sterling Integrator EDI/B2B Integration, including partner set up, data mapping, communications, testing, troubleshooting, and support.
- Must be able to comprehend manuals, periodicals and technical reports and apply ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
- Solid understanding of IBM Gentran AS400
- Strong EDI experience with EDI documents including 850, 875, 855, 856, 810, 880, 852, 820, 830, 864, 214, 215
- Solid understanding of business requirements and ability to apply supporting solutions.
- Working knowledge of file transfer protocols including HTTPs, FTP, SFTP, AS2 and API.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply technology knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, have good interpersonal skills, must be a strong supportive team player, and have excellent discovery and active listening skills.
- Experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to compose simple business correspondence, calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts along with the means to apply problem solving skills.