Senior Manager - Cost Control - Audit
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Start Date: 9/10/2020
- Job ID: 20-00434
- Posting Date: 9/10/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Business expert in operational expenditures and local revenue tasked to design risk assessment and audit programs for non-automated validation processes of OPEX invoices, extra-costs and costs associated with special events. The Sr. Manager, Cost Control (Audit) creates and develops audit projects: within CLIENT and on-site at terminals and vendors' installations to mitigate and reduce potential risk of overbilling or fraud, and raise, follow up on claims and recoveries resulting from such audit projects. This leader should display a strong level of integrity, outstanding communication, have analytical skills, and good attention to detail.
This position will be responsible to:
- Develop risk assessment models to identify areas that require audit programs to ensure proper invoice control and cost - revenue recovery when applicable
- Creates and develops pre-audit and audit projects to verify adherence to internal processes
(SOMs), propose improvements and follow-up on implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure proper record for revisions and results in CLIENT tools, record and issue audit reports to top management
- Assess contracts and map Contractual clauses that require monitoring.
- Set up monitoring and manage periodical follow up.
- Lead on-site audits at terminals and vendors' installations to verify procedures, operating rules, and compliance aimed to mitigate and reduce potential risk of overbilling or fraud
- Document, raise, follow up on claims and recoveries resulting from audit projects
- Develop and mentor a high performing team engaged in a permanent improvement and innovation culture
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in accounting, business, or a similar subject from a four-year college or university required
- 4-6 years' experience in the following:
- Experience developing risk assessment models for internal processes and creating, executing and reporting audit programs for internal audit of operational expenses and revenue.
- Experience with ERP/OCEAN/SAP/LARA/ACE
- Experience leading teams in internal audit in Big 4 audit firm with projects at container shipping, logistics or supply chain operations companies
- Experience in reporting information to top management and data visualization
- Preferred 4 years of related experience in shipping, Logistics or supply chain
- Training or working knowledge of risk assessment
- Training or working knowledge in Project management
- Training or working knowledge in Lean Six Sigma or another optimization methodology preferred
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office products and data visualization
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex situations
- Strong ethical standards, high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with strong presentation skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Accepts responsibility and accountability with focus on results
- Ability to monitor and manage priorities and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to develop processes and design process manuals
- Ability to read and interpret contractual agreements
- Available for frequent national travel
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- MBA or Master's Degree in Accounting, auditing or similar field preferred
- Experience in international business preferred