- Location: Madison, WI
- Start Date: 6/26/2020
- Job ID: 20-00314
- Posting Date: 6/26/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
We are seeking Software Engineers to play an active role in accelerating the delivery cadence of our development teams. The DevOps Toolchain team supports Software Engineers by providing a modern toolset and expertise in automation. We are the automation specialists that make automated testing and deployment fast, easy, and secure for the organization. You will work closely with other Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Security Professionals to build flexible and robust software delivery pipelines to support a variety of modern technology stacks.
- Daily standup meetings to discuss progress and impediments with your teammates.
- Develop new automation enabling development teams to automatically test, package, deploy, and monitor a new application.
- Lead a cross functional project team discussion to plan for the implementation of a new automation request.
- Documenting a new process improvement implemented to optimize and automate an administrative setup task.
- Simplify the automated deployment process with your Software Engineering peers.
- 2+ years of IT experience for Software Engineer I
- 3+ years of IT experience for Software Engineer II
- 5+ years of IT experience for Lead Software Engineer
- Positions are available to accommodate a wide range of experience in DevOps. Candidates with a background or education in Software Engineering and an interest in scripting and automation are well suited for entry level positions. Candidates with hands on experience working with DevOps technologies to build robust CI/CD pipelines for modern technology stacks, strong Linux/networking skills, and experience leading small to medium sized teams to overcome obstacles and meet the needs of our organization are well suited for Lead positions.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Go, SQL, NoSQL, OpenShift, RHEL, Centos, Kafka, ELK stack, Nagios/Icinga2
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques and tools.