Manager Data Science
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Start Date: 6/17/2020
- Job ID: 20-00301
- Posting Date: 6/17/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Support by leading a high-performing team to uncover insights with data science and other analytical approaches to drive acquisition, retention, and generate revenue. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, an innate ability to generate business value using analytics, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This person will love solving challenging business problems to increase sales and/or reduce expenses, and will be passionate about finding creative, practical ways to drive organizational strategy.
- Manages a team of Data Scientists with varying levels of experience and skill sets.
- Identify opportunities in the organization where analytics and data science will generate value.
- Meet with business partners to understand their most challenging business issues and design practical, yet impactful, data-driven solutions to help solve their business challenges.
- Lead the development of data science and analytics solutions with business leaders in membership, insurance, travel, distribution and automotive services.
- Develop data science project plans, manage deliverables, and measure ROI for data science initiatives.
- Leverage your unique analytical abilities and business experience to distill complex analysis into actionable, compelling recommendations for business partners
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing training, thought leadership, and mentorship
- 7+ years of experience with a focus on data analysis and data science
- Experience managing direct reports
- Proven experience leading high-performing teams.
- Experience using creative and innovative analytical approaches to solve challenging business problems.
- Experience in translating statistical analysis into compelling stories that inspire action
- Proven ability to identify and cultivate new business opportunities
- Ability to successfully communicate with executives, management and business leaders to identify business problems and opportunities, design and implement the best analytics solution and communicate the results of analytics projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the ability to communicate technical concepts in the context of the business problem, using easy-to-understand business language.