|The Software Developer Integrations supports electronic interface creation and maintenance for client. The developer works with internal and customer specifications for eligibility, healthcare claims, and financial transactions to create and support data exchanges in ANSI ASC X12 (e.g., 837 Professional, 270/271, 820, 834, 835) and proprietary formats. Using trading partner specifications, the developer creates the necessary mappings to fulfill the interface requirements betweenClient enterprise application and trading partner systems by applying analysis techniques and procedures and consulting with technical staff to determine concrete system functional specifications.
The developer must be proficient with custom and third-party tools to fulfill duties revolving around the design, maintenance, support, and execution of trading partner interfaces. This role is responsible for analyzing customer and business partner requirements, defining solutions, and designing, building, testing, and implementing solutions that meet those requirements. This requires the developer to understand and apply EDI transaction set concepts and principles, use data translation tools, and understand data exchange methods to support interface requirements.
The role will work closely with business owners and stakeholders to ensure requirements are fully defined and meet business needs. The role will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to fully support the translation of requirements into technical deliverables utilizing a repeatable SDLC that ensures both quality and efficiency.
- Evaluate electronic data exchange business requirements. Transform trading partner specifications into standard electronic data exchanges using custom tools and commercial mapping software.
- Analyze, review, alter, test, and document custom EDI applications to adapt to new requirements.
- Develop and exercise business interface use cases, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, and end-to-end integration testing to deliver comprehensive EDI solutions.
- Use SQL queries to extract data and use custom mapping to transform it to meet partner interface requirements.
- Adhere to development guidelines, coding standards, project objectives and schedule.
- Generate and maintain process flows and procedure documentation relating to EDI interfaces.
- Communicate complex technical procedures clearly; make data exchange concepts understandable to both technical and business staff.
- Coordinate with BA, Operations, internal stakeholders and when appropriate external clients to ensure on-time quality delivery of integrations.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize and work multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- 3-5 years of experience with EDI transactions, with emphasis on mapping healthcare transaction sets.
- Firm understanding of ANSI ASC X12 file formats and standards with emphasis on the 837 Professional, 834, 835, and 999 transaction sets.
- Experience with one or more mapping/ETL tools (e.g. RedPoint Data Management, Alteryx, Data Stage, Dataflux, Informatica,)
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data, analytics, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with RedPoint Data Management
- Experience with one or more traditional development languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, VB .Net, Delphi)
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, data quality, metadata management, and performance tuning