- Location: , MD
- Start Date: 3/27/2020
- Job ID: 20-00186
- Posting Date: 3/27/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Development experience using Azure cloud platform
- Data Warehousing/Data Modeling
- Microsoft BI Tools
- Responsible for Development & Maintenance of Microsoft Azure Cloud and On-Premise Data Warehouse.
- Develop ETL processes using the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS) and Astera.
- Work independently on data warehouse task with minimal amount of supervision
- Create, modify, document and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse - Translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide full life-cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality deliverables
- Develops and maintains corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards
- Development of overall project plans and timetables
- Use of deductive reasoning and analytic ability to transform data into information for key decision makers within the organization verifying that consistent information is always delivered
- Must have BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Development Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud environment Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake.
- Proficient in Microsoft BI Tools SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts with experience in data modelling.
- In depth understanding of database design and ETL processing
- Requires five plus years in craft
- Desirable to have Cognos BI experience.
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills