Java Security Solutions Architect
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Start Date: 2/5/2019
- Job ID: 19-00074
- Posting Date: 2/5/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Create security patterns, frameworks, and libraries that can be easily incorporated into new and existing applications
- Collaborate with application architects to understand their goals, objectives and pain points, and devise strong solutions to address them securely, effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with Information Security Architecture, Infrastructure and Technology Risk organizations as needed to recommend strong solutions.
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners
- Consume, understand and review complex requirements.
- Be able to articulate solution and design in terms the business can understand.
- Work with Lead Architect on major design decisions.
- Make smart, secure design decisions independently.
- Work closely with developers on their designs and give advice as needed.
- Actively contribute to architecture and design discussions and to the work of the client digital group, including:
- Developing and using common development frameworks and patterns.
- Promoting and leveraging general re-usability and the use of common services.
- Gathering competitive and industry intelligence/research relevant to specific technology areas
- Ensure the creation and deployment of sound solution designs and by making informed, deliberate, and pragmatic decisions concerning the various factors involved.
- 7+ years IT experience with a focus on Java/J2EE development, architecture, and application security
- An in-depth understanding of both information security and software development
- Practical experience with the following principles: Authorization and Authentication
- Understand cloud architectures as well as how to architect a 12-factor application
- Understand architectures of highly scalable, highly available and highly performant applications.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Articulate and effective communicator, able to influence others through sound judgment and good sense
- Team-oriented perspective with a collaborative operating style
- Experience with the technology stack including Java Framework, Spring Security, Spring Integration, etc.
- Rest API Development of Java/JEE and Web based development
- Understanding of frameworks such as JSON, AJAX, JDBC, JPA/ORM, etc.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry a plus
- Basic knowledge of OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities, and solutions for resolving/preventing
- Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC)
- Experience in static analysis tools like SonarCube, FindBugs, PMD, etc.