ASC X12 - Active CICA XML Schemas, Messaging & Documents
EDI Staffing has compiled the following list of active CICA documents for Electronic Data Interchange with regard to communications, controls, finance, government, transportation, and insurance subcommittees.
What is CICA?
CICA stands for Context Inspired Component Architecture, and is a syntax-neutral architecture, which supports both business content and implementation information. With regard to message design, CICA XML schemas help to reduce the numerous costs associated with vast amounts of different XML messages employed for business-to-business electronic data interchange (EDI).
With its adaptable architecture, CICA XML schemas and messaging documents are a revolutionary approach to business-to-business message design. CICA messages, also referred to as CICA documents, can currently be expressed as XML messages with an assembly of reusable components designed to fulfill intra- and cross-industry EDI requirements. CICA XML schemas involve a syntax-neutral architecture that supports both business content and implementation information.
CICA XML schemas and XML messaging standards are the result of collaborative efforts by business process professionals, technical experts, and various industry-trading partners with development over many years. In the future, CICA will be able to support additional EDI formats such as X12’s EDI syntax. CICA XML messages will also be expressed in RDF (Resource Description Framework) and OWL, a Web Ontology Language. As other formats are developed, CICA messaging standards will make it possible to use the same architecture as future markup languages.
CICA’s reusable syntax-neutral messaging components are maintained in a central data store that supports a variety of functions including: data entry and maintenance, data retrieval (from full XML message structure to individual CICA documents and components), flexible reporting capabilities for development support, and end-user CICA documents including XML schemas, messages, documents with user-friendly XML schema reference guides.
X12C – Communication & Controls
- Document Acknowledgment Document
X12F ‐ Finance
- ACH CCD
- Line Item Detail Generic Invoice Document
- PCard American Express Payment Document
- PCard MasterCard Payment Document
- PCard VISA Payment Document
- STP Payment with Remittance Document
X12G ‐ Government
- DoD Application Response Document
- DoD Dual Inventory Adjustment Document
- DoD Item Receipt Document
- DoD Material Issue Document
- DoD Physical Inventory Adjustment Document
- Material Receipt Acknowledgement Document
- Requisition Document
X12I ‐ Transportation
- Barge Invoice Document
- Barge Service Order Document
- Barge Service Order Response Document
- Barge Status Document
- Boat Status Document
- Tow Status Document
- Transportation Empty Car Release ‐ Rail Request Document
- Transportation Empty Car Release ‐ Rail Response Document
- Transportation Equipment Available List ‐ Rail Request Document
- Transportation Equipment Available List ‐ Rail Response Document
- Transportation Equipment Release Out ‐ Rail Request Document
- Transportation Equipment Release Out ‐ Rail Response Document
- Transportation Freight Invoice Document
- Transportation Order In ‐ Rail Request Document
- Transportation Order In ‐ Rail Response Document
- Transportation Price Distribution ‐ Rail Document
- Transportation Status ‐ General Use Document
- Transportation Status ‐ General Use Request Document
- Transportation Status ‐ Small Package Use Document
X12N ‐ Insurance
- Auto Insurance Notification
- Coverage Request Document
- Coverage Response Document
Source: Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12
ASC X12, chartered by the American National Standards Institute more than 30 years ago, develops and maintains EDI and CICA standards along with XML schemas driving business processes globally. The diverse membership of ASC X12 includes technologists and business process experts, encompassing health care, insurance, transportation, finance, government, supply chain, and other industries.