The Senior Project Lead is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines, budgets and organizational initiatives. Building and maintaining project teams, reporting updates to the Project Sponsor and Management, and ensuring the quality control throughout the projects life cycles are central to this position. The Senior Project Leader manages the project development from initiation to closure and delivers tasks/projects in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The position is responsible for reporting unethical or fraudulent activity related to business operations and adhering to Client's' Code of Conduct.
- Creates an environment in which other IT and Business teams pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Client's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Associate Handbook, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, and conduct.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Responsible for creating a project plan, communication tools, and to track and resolve issues as they arise. Works closely with functional business areas and Project Management & Analysis team members to ensure that solutions deployed are in alignment with other initiatives that may be running in parallel.
- Effectively use tools to increase collaboration and decision making amongst project teams.
- Develop workflow diagrams to work through current state and future state functional designs.
- Work with Technical team members to clarify functional / business specifications and collaborate on technical specifications as needed.
- Elicit work effort required from project team members for each task in order to complete a work breakdown structure and timelines for the Project Plan.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide regular status reports to Manager and Project Sponsor.
- Lead vendor evaluations, develop cost/benefit analysis to facilitate the decision to implement an outside solution or develop internally.
- Work with the customer to further understand project requests that are submitted to the Project Management & Analysis team. This may include, understanding the business case, creation of workflows, business specifications, and analysis of time and work effort required for successful completion of the request.
- Once evaluated, solutions may include a vendor evaluation of a particular solution or further technical development of current application .
Status tracking reports, Risks and issue
- Document Functional flows
- Meeting minutes and discussion summaries
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
| Bachelor's degree in MIS or a related field with a minimum of 5 years Project Management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in Project Management preferred
- Previous experience successfully delivering Data Governance, Data Analytics, and Big Data projects preferred
- Must have Experience in Health Insurance Industry
- Knowledge of relational databases concepts preferred
- Proficient with Project Management tools
- Skilled in facilitation, planning, analysis, problem solving, and continuous improvement processes
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt and respond to changes in the environment or priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills