- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Start Date: 5/6/2022
- Job ID: 22-00333
- Posting Date: 5/6/2022
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our client is seeking an Android Developer to join their Mobile Development Team.
The Android Developer is responsible for:
- Planning and development of a wide range of Android software applications for new and existing high-availability applications
- Acting as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development
- Collaborating with a range of development teams for completion of Android projects
- Overseeing entire SDLC from planning, design, development, integration, and implementation of Android applications
- Gathering requirements from internal and external sources
- Communicating with team members and development leadership on new or existing project timelines, direction, etc.
- Working with junior developers to instill good coding practices and grow their skill set
- Developing and executing a Development Operations (DevOps) strategy to ensure quality software deployments and overall application health and performance.
- Regular attendance required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of native Android development experience and have built large-scale, high-availability Android applications
- 3+ years of significant native Android application development written in both Java (Required) and Kotlin (Preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of Android 6 current version with strong knowledge of upcoming beta Android OS versions
- Experience with local data storage such as Realm
- Knowledge of Web views, cookie management, session handling, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Android development tools including Android SDK, Google Firebase, etc.
- UI Experience is preferred
- Proven ability to write clear, concise, and manageable code
- Experienced developing in an Agile environment
- Skill with hybrid environment technologies is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- A portfolio of apps published on Google Play Store is a plus but not required
- Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the mobile world, where it is going, and be able to share opinions, ideas, and thoughts around the subject
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills