- Location: Grapevine, TX
- Start Date: 5/6/2022
- Job ID: 22-00331
- Posting Date: 5/6/2022
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our Client is seeking a Software Developer to join their Development team.
In this role you will:
Provide high-paced software development for both internal and external projects where strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary. External projects will integrate our products and services with outside entities (vendors, clients, and other third parties). Most projects require strong organizational skills along with payroll, accounting, or benefit industry knowledge.
Software developers will work in a team environment to support and extend the company's list of product offerings. In doing so, they may be exposed to multiple areas of software development and computing such as:
- Web Software Development
- Windows Software Development
- Database design and SQL
- Component technologies (ex. COM, EJB, etc.)
- Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, etc.)
- Writing and developing code and test applications
- Researching and identify needed solutions, determine implementation designs, providing guidance
- Manage small to medium sized complex projects by reviewing requirements and turning them into technical solutions
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, best practice contributions, and architecture
- Software development of variety projects ranging from industry-wide services to client-specific reports resulting in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and other interfacing technologies.
- Collaborate with team of developers, production support, and customer support on software projects, creating resolutions on issues and developing solutions.
- Perform the quality assurance and integration testing for projects after development is completed and before projects are deployed
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information, conducting root cause analysis to reduce issues.
- Manage and track communications with project managers, quality assurance, and product managers.
- Adhere to the organizational processes and the tracking of project metrics, including financials and projects statuses.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have prior experience using at least 3 other software development tools and architectures. Must show multi-programming language capabilities in job history. OR
- Some experience in payroll, financial, benefits, or banking software.
- Business familiarity with 401(k) plans, income deferrals, and payroll taxes.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Business Application systems (ERP) and terminology.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated SQL programming and/or database experience. Ability to integrate multiple databases.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills with strong attention to both detail and process.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Ability to meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough business accounting understanding, specifically general ledger transactions.