Remote Senior Business Analyst
- Location: Winter Park, FL
- Start Date: 2/4/2022
- Job ID: 22-00103
- Posting Date: 2/4/2022
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our Client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join their growing IT department. This position is responsible for providing business analysis expertise in identifying, analyzing and evaluating business requirements for all IT projects. This role will be directly involved in conducting analysis, documenting requirements, creating functional specifications, system configurations, testing and implementation of new and existing systems. This position will also recommend enhancements to systems and/or processes to improve effectiveness and quality of projects.
- Conducts analysis based on operational, economic and/or financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or design new approaches and methodologies.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics. May use data visualization tools to further business insights.
- Organizes and lead requirements gathering to capture our processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state scenarios from a variety of internal partners.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentation.
- Collaborates with internal users to ensure user requirements are complete and concise, confirming that changes and enhancements meet specifications and user requirements.
- Interacts with the business to elicit, analyze and document detailed business requirements, create test cases and ensure quality through testing.
- Manages the scope and traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that they are understood by the project team and met by the delivered solution.
- Leads User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by developer test plans, identifying and tracking defects.
- Contributes to documenting end-user training and conducts training as needed.
- Maintains projects after initial release; measure performance metrics to help determine enhancement opportunities.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or unit.
- Advanced SQL development skills with experience and proficiency working with large data sets and relational databases.
- Develops presentations, shares findings, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Displays effective research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking and presentation skills.
- Five years of business analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the software development life cycle, requirement modeling and process mapping techniques, system design, analysis, and development methodologies and quality assurance testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field of study is preferred. (Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- This individual must be proficient with statistical and analytical software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required, along with the ability to create SQL statements to extract and analyze data.