Network and Security Engineer
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Start Date: 9/30/2021
- Job ID: 21-00632
- Posting Date: 9/30/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Possess excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Strong team player who works collaboratively with all members of the IT team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Participates with the Infrastructure team in network design and capacity planning.
- Serves as an escalation point for the infrastructure support team and emergencies as needed.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, good time management and prioritization skills, along with the ability to produce and execute against solid project plans.
- In-depth knowledge of network and server hardware, operating systems, and enterprise solutions, including but not limited to email, software distribution, anti-virus, and backup solutions.
- Supports the planning, design, configuration and deployment of our enterprise network and security infrastructure solutions.
- Establishes and maintains network tuning and performance, troubleshoots any network issues or outages through to resolution and schedules appropriate upgrades and patches to ensure reliable connectivity.
- Maintains standardizations of all network equipment, including but not limited to routers, switches, wireless Client, firewalls, remote VPN connectivity, and VOIP and other telephony technologies.
- Develops standards and oversees deployment of centralized network-based threat management systems including intrusion detection systems, applications firewalls and web application firewalls.
- Supports the creation of organizational wide standards for security and network infrastructure products, including but not limited to encryption, multi-factor authentication and single sign on.
- Knowledge of information security standards such as CIS controls and benchmarks and the NIST framework guidelines.
- Identify and troubleshoot network and security gaps and take the appropriate actions to minimize risk and exposure and service interruption.
- Supports the planning, architecture and delivery of enterprise-level security and network solutions including but not limited to SaaS/PaaS cloud deployments, data center technologies, end user and end point protections.
- Solid knowledge of core Azure or other cloud computing technologies and services.
- Oversees the entire life cycle technology solutions acquired including budgetary expense planning and procurement lifecycles.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Generate and deploy solutions and policies in support of enterprise security and network technologies for the company.
- Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset through participation in events and activities that lead to financial gain, time savings, and/or waste reduction for the business.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration. Can be candid with peers.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Cyber Security
- Information Security
- CIS Controls / NIST Framework
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Infrastructure/Security monitoring tools
- IP networks using Cisco routers, switches and wireless
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- Silver Peak SD-WAN infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working technical knowledge of Cisco routing, switching, and firewall IOS configuration; current network protocols, and standards, security and intrusion detection. Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- CCNA Certification, MCSE/MCITP, or industry standard security certification preferred.