- Location: Edison, NJ
- Start Date: 9/29/2021
- Job ID: 21-00625
- Posting Date: 9/29/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The Business Requirements Analyst's role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. The Business Requirements Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Requirements Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develop strategies for eliciting, documenting and analyzing requirements.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Leverage existing documentation vehicles for capturing requirements (e.g. Statements of Fact, prototypes, wireframes, screenshots, flow charts, use case matrices, competitive analysis, comparable site patterning and diagrams).
- Elicit and articulate the "why behind the request, rather than the "how. Assist the stakeholders in clearly identifying the customer problem they are seeking to solve.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, each of which may be at a different stage in the project life cycle.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to balance the demands of scope, project timeline, and resource level and analyze tradeoffs.
- Define use cases.
- Partner with QA to use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases.
- Participate in testing rounds. Validate test candidates against requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define KPIs, understand information needs, design and develop solutions to meet them, and constantly innovate deeper to gain better insights.
- Design and deliver end-user training and reference documentation.
- Serve as a customer advocate, striving to create a world-class customer experience that builds customer loyalty.
Education, Experience & Skills
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems and/or five years related work experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a business analyst or project manager.
- 3-5 years of work experience in ecommerce, internet, media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization's core business process and operations.
- Retail experience specifically experience in merchandising, buying, finance or warehouse operations a big plus.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an agile environment.
- Experience with Axure, Foundation, Airtable, Sharepoint, and/or Google Analytics is a plus