Remote Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Alpharetta, GA
- Start Date: 9/20/2021
- Job ID: 21-00595
- Posting Date: 9/20/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Our client is looking for a Remote Senior Software Engineer, who will work with a high-energy Agile team on the next-generation of integration products. This individual will help define architecture and standards, play a key role in developing new product features, and work closely with the team to deliver great results. He or she will work across the full stack of the platform and drive full features from concept to implementation and customer success. They will help develop web applications for internal use as well as third party vendors. They will also help lead the transition of the current applications to cloud architected solutions.
The right person for this role isa team player and that wants to build their own skills as well as those around you. You love to solve problems and are passionate about development. This role will also act as a mentor to Associate-level Software Engineers and will work with technical resources in India.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Participates in the testing process through code reviews and analysis and unit testing.
- Providing as needed advanced development support
- Familiar with SIS's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Expected to lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Assist the India team with the maintenance of existing applications
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 7 years in software engineering roles
- Excellent software engineering skills in C#/ASP.NET MVC, web services, and databases
- Strong knowledge in building scalable and secure web applications
- Strong knowledge in web applications architecture, patterns, and standards, such as MVC, REST, JSON
- Previous experience building one or more SaaS products
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to "think outside the box ".
- Skilled in complex problem solving in order to identify bugs and provide solutions.
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects in an independent work environment.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization in both verbal and written formats.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong track record of academic and work related achievements
- Prior experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Prior Healthcare IT experience
- Prior experience working in an Agile team structure