Remote Senior Accountant, Core Controllership
- Location: ,
- Start Date: 6/3/2021
- Job ID: 21-00558
- Posting Date: 9/7/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
This position is responsible for assisting in monthly close activities focusing on payroll, bonus/MBOs, commissions, overhead expenses, including pre-paids, fixed assets, and other g&a expenses across business groups. This role reports to the Core Accounting Operations Manager and works closely with others on the Corporate Accounting team.
- Perform day to day month end close activities, including manual journal entries, account reconciliations, & roll-forwards/other analyses
- Perform analyses, record periodic, recurring journal entries based on business rules
- Liaise with Management to provide insight into significant account balance fluctuations
- Support initiatives with BU Finance teams to drive process improvements and ensure accurate accounting
- Perform Payroll, MBO and Bonus accruals and appropriate re-classes
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and related journal entries for payroll, benefit, commissions and incentive accounts
- Record monthly commissions accruals based on field calculations and commission draw agreements
- Develop amortization schedules and recurring journals based on pre-paids and amortizable intangible asset details
- Record additional overhead accruals based on AP activity, search for unrecorded liabilities, and input from business groups
- Reconcile individual pre-paids and intangible accounts and perform appropriate re-classes
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Perform SOX testing on select accounts and consolidate testing results
- Reconcile cash accounts to ensure accurate period-end balances
Advanced intermediate level professional; knowledge within own discipline and developing basic knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, sound analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
Work on problems of moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve a range of straightforward problems; may recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment within defined procedures and practices for obtaining solutions. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. Assignments can be broad in nature.Qualifications
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Good understanding of industry practices
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in Distribution / Healthcare industry preferred
- Intermediate level Excel skills required
- General proficiency of tools and systems (HFM, PBCS, Concur)
- Experience gathering and interpreting data