Sr Technical Analyst I - EDI
- Location: melville, NY
- Start Date: 9/1/2021
- Job ID: 21-00548
- Posting Date: 9/1/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The EDI Analyst supports the Information Technology team's current EDI infrastructure and trading partner relationships. The Analyst will monitor EDI communication sessions for failures, and errors, investigate and resolve any inquires or issues relating to production support and respond to the needs of existing trading partners for changes to maps, communication setups, and relationship structure. The EDI Analyst will also have the opportunity to participate on project teams for the development of new EDI applications and transactions, and manage special projects related to the addition of new partners, EDI transactions and EDI software upgrades.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contacts and works with potential EDI trading partners to set up connectivity. Analyzes test data, coordinates with appropriate GIV business group and other IS members to activate trading partners.
- Manages special projects related to the addition of new partners and EDI transactions. Develops project requirements and works with IS, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Vaccine & Branded Injectable Category Management and Chargebacks to implement new processes or modify existing applications.
- Supports the needs of existing trading partners for changes to maps, communication setups, and relationship structure.
- Monitors EDI communication sessions for line drops, failures, and other errors. Investigates and resolves any inquires or issues relating to production support.
- Supports the EDI infrastructure assisting with software upgrades and patch applications.
- Participates on software user groups and other related committees to provide a source for continuing education.
Qualifications - External
A Bachelor's of Science is required.
At least 5 -7years of experience in an EDI environment
Experience using Trusted Link,Biz Link (or another EDI translator), and other bussiness application experience required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- EDI process life cycle knowledge.
- Knowledge of RPG, RPG-ILE, CL, SQL, AS/400 environments is a plus.
- Sterling Commerce GIS software knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with business Internet communications is a plus.
- Strong PC skills and experience in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone and in person and work effectively with all types of people at all levels of the organization, both within and outside the I.S. Department.