Supply Planning Consultant
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Start Date: 4/28/2021
- Job ID: 21-00255
- Posting Date: 4/28/2021
- Job Type: Contract
Based in Chicago, IL and reporting to the Manager Supply Planning, the Supply Planning Analyst will focus on raw materials planning and materials availability. Successful candidates are expected to follow up with suppliers with production and shipping schedule on a weekly basis, with the goal to mitigate material risks in our contract manufacturing network.
- Sending out Open Purchase Order reports and follow up with suppliers on a weekly basis via MS Excel. This report contains VBA and Macros.
- Phone support with suppliers, on a weekly basis, review Open PO report, line by line, with suppliers; report in details with Open PO status, production and shipping schedule, along with container/truck ID.
- Verify supplier's production and shipping schedule with documents such as booking status, bill of lading, packing list and container/truck IDs.
- Input promised dates on Purchase Orders into SAP, to reflect the latest promise from suppliers. Improve and automate this process.
- Maintaining materials shortage report after collecting information from suppliers. Report to FG supply planners for any production delay caused by materials shortages and take actions.
- Collaborate closely with NFG supply planner for raw materials last mile monitoring. Communicating upcoming delivery status of raw materials to contract manufacturers.
- Ensure the supply chain transactions between contract manufacturers and logistics partners are entered in SAP system in an accurate and timely manner. This includes materials receiving, production posting, network deployment, inventory & invoice reconciliation.
- Archive documentation.
- Ad hoc assignments such as data analysis on process improvement and risk mitigation within the functional group
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Planning
- Experience in SAP
- Excellent MS Excel skills including Macros
- Team player willing to back up other team members
- Comfortable in an environment of project management, with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills