- Location: Bedford, MA
- Start Date: 3/22/2021
- Job ID: 21-00166
- Posting Date: 3/22/2021
- Job Type: Right to Hire
|Description||JOB SUMMARY: Position is responsible for the technical support of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processes. This includes the daily monitoring of EDI file processing, the troubleshooting of issues impacting successful receipt or delivery of client files, the setup and testing of new trading partners, and general customer support of issues called in to the Service Desk.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the technical efforts associated with implementing complex EDI trading partners.
* Participate in implementation meetings with clients and vendors committed to establishing an EDI partnership with MPI.
* Provide HIPAA-compliant guidance to trading partners requesting additional information about MPI requirements and industry standards for EDI protocols.
* Ensure proper setup of the EDI tools and systems that support file transfer between MPI and new trading partners.
* Conduct necessary testing and in-depth analysis to resolve any potential issues prior to rolling trading partners into the production environment.
* Constructively present testing results and propose adjustments that will improve service delivery to our clients and strengthen our ongoing partnership.
* Monitor, audit, and report on the processing of newly implemented trading partners to confirm their successful transition to the production environment.
* Decommission trading partners as needed
2. Oversee the production support of existing EDI trading partners.
* Monitor the production environment and proactively prioritize, communicate, and resolve any EDI process or system issues.
* Partner with other IT teams to implement enhancements and defect fixes.
3. Support Account Management with EDI issues that are raised or escalated by their clients or vendors.
4. Promptly triage and resolve EDI issues called in to the Service Desk
5. Independently manage the monitoring requirements of clients on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
6. Communicate system and interface availability, modifications, and problems to internal and external stakeholders as needed and according to established policies and procedures
7. Implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency of the EDI processes.
* Use access to data and personal observation to identify potential process improvement opportunities.
* Communicate potential solutions to management.
* Implement solutions.
* Report progress & measurements of success to Mgt.
8. Perform routine and ad hoc analysis of various facets of EDI processing including but not limited to system performance, claim turnaround times, data mapping, and claim volumes
9. Prepare and maintain documentation that defines operational procedures, describes client requirements, and shares relevant analysis outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
10. Support clients and trading partners with their non-standard requests for ad hoc reports, testing analysis and other technical deliverables
11. Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal colleagues (including IT, Sales and Marketing, and Operations) and external contacts
12. Support Manager with team goals and corporate strategies as well as assist with the training and coaching of Level I staff
13. Provide coverage for other team members as needed; some on-call support duties may be required on a part time or rotating basis
16 Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
17. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
18. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
19. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The incumbent works under general supervision to review systems to provide technical support and escalates issues to more senior level positions when needed.
|Requirements||JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of work experience and technical training
* 3+ years progressively responsible experience in a technical production or applications support role
* Prior experience with EDI or similar file transfer protocols.
* Exposure and general understanding of Healthcare claims processing
* Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills
* Superior customer service skills, preferably in a technical implementation capacity
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Clear understanding and working knowledge of HIPAA EDI protocols
* Ability to juggle multiple requests at once
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Prior experience working on a cross functional project team desired
* Understanding of internet applications and networks desired
* Knowledge of Healthcare Business Systems desired
* Experience with mapping tools such as Gentran, Pervasive or Claredi desired
* Experience managing customer and/or vendor relationships desired
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable