- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Start Date: 2/19/2021
- Job ID: 21-00094
- Posting Date: 2/19/2021
- Job Type: Right to Hire
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with trading partners to translate formats, ensure communication and facilitate the flow of new and existing EDI transactions to ensure that completion date(s) for each document are met.
- Apply analytical thinking, open communication, and interpersonal skills to interact with the external trading partners and internal department teams effectively.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing EDI for issues daily to ensure that all electronic transactions supporting business processes have completed successfully, resolve issues, document solutions including instructions for recreating and retransmitting EDI documents and work closely with other teams to remediate all Sterling Integrator EDI/B2B issues, i.e. (server, network, database, etc.).
- Participate in the IT Change Management process to schedule and support all EDI related changes.
- Apply Business Process Modeling Language (BPML) for adding group messaging, data messaging, and creating adapters which will be set up as BPs to call new scripts.
- Coordinate and perform business process assessment and analysis, gap analysis, systems design and development for implementation of new and maintenance of existing EDI customers, transactions, communication protocols and EDI solutions.
- Design, develop test plans and scripts for UNIT/SIT/UAT and regression test for both X12, UCS and flat file mapping, perform code and integration testing, develop, implement, and maintain maps for various EDI transaction types (850,810,855,856,864,214, etc.), build and support business processes, services, settings, and properties within Sterling Integrator console.
- Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Organize and maintain EDI documentation knowledge base. This includes all specifications provided by trading partners, business requirements, design documents and flows, test execution plans, and production deployment plans.
- Read computer printouts or observe display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test or use diagnostic software to detect errors. Replace, delete, or modify program code to correct errors.
- Respond to helpdesk calls to assist users when needed and should be flexible to work on call support when necessary or set by management.
- Engage and interface directly with IBM as required for product support/questions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent, plus a minimum of seven (7) years directly related experience in EDI technical administration and operations support, including experience with IBM EDI/B2B Sterling Integrator mapping, BPML, and performance tuning database management systems for file mapping.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using IBM Sterling Integrator EDI/B2B Integration.
- Working knowledge of EDI development/ configuration/ solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment.
- Solid understanding of business requirements and ability to apply supporting solutions.
- Working knowledge of file transfer protocols including HTTPs, FTP, SFTP, AS2 and API.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply technology knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to comprehend manuals, periodicals and technical reports and apply ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
- Ability to compose simple business correspondence, calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts along with the means to apply problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, have good interpersonal skills, and excellent discovery and active listening skills.