IT Lead Consultant
- Location: Bedford Park, IL
- Start Date: 2/16/2021
- Job ID: 21-00084
- Posting Date: 2/16/2021
- Job Type: Contract
The IT Lead is responsible for oversight of all IT initiatives and will be focused on day-to-day support. Duties will include assisting with help desk tickets as required, managing IT projects to meet cost and schedule targets, work with 3rd party providers for network and other issues, participate in ERP implementations, develop the IT team by identifying gaps and providing training, managing the IT employees, and coordinating with the leadership team as required.
- Manage day-to-day communications and technology infrastructure including (but not limited to) telephone, wide area networks, server farm etc. to assure consistent and reliable availability
- Assist with help desk tickets as required
- Manage group of IT employees
- Coordinate with leadership team as required
- Manage projects to meet cost and schedule targets
- Work with 3rd party providers for network and other issues
- Participate in ERP implementation activities as required
- Use Lean principles and continuous improvement practices in day-to-day operations.
- Make recommendation for improvements and share those improvements with the other enterprise sites.
- Prepare divisional IT budgets for expense and capital acquisitions, screening IT solution procurement requests from other departments etc.
- Develop management required IT information reports.
- Development of maintenance of disaster recovery strategic plans.
- Identify, create and maintain synergies with other sites operations, technologies, processes etc.
- Work closely with IT Managers from other sites.
- 7+ years of IT experience
- Experience leading projects including team and project management
- Experience in IT infrastructure technologies such as Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, VMware, O365, SQL, ERP, Dell, LAN, WAN, Wireless
- Knowledge of networks, network security, server configuration, upgrades, operating systems and help desk activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work with team members and third-party IT vendors