Programmer Analyst III
- Location: Easton, PA
- Start Date: 2/16/2021
- Job ID: 21-00082
- Posting Date: 2/16/2021
- Job Type: Contract
- Perform complex system design and program development activities required to complete projects as approved by management.
- Serve as primary liaison with key users in specific functional areas of the business.
- Serve as a technical advisor to other members of the organization on projects as needed.
- Responsible for program installation, technical environment creation and interfaces between BPCS ERP and external applications.
- Lead projects that support the BPCS ERP technical areas and assists on other projects as defined by the ERP Manager.
- Provide project and technical guidance to other members of IT or consultants assigned to work on a specific project or functional area.
- Complete projects as assigned by ERP Manager.
- Develop and executes detailed project plans.
- Develop systems documentation in accordance with current IT Standards for new applications and update older system documentation as system updates are performed.
- Develop system controls and ensures that backup and security are in place for systems.
- Assist Operations with the development of a disaster recovery plan and supports Operations in the execution of the plan as needed.
- Evaluate alternative solutions and selects the appropriate solution that meets the business requirements of a project while providing the greatest benefit.
- Decide when to escalate project and operational issues to ERP Manager in a timely manner and provides alternatives to resolve the issue.
- Decide on level of system controls appropriate for an application to ensure the integrity of the system and its data.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in Systems & Programming with specialization in the following areas: RPG/400,CLP, SQL, Java, Query/400, SDA, SEU, PDM, DDS, ILE Concepts
- Working Knowledge of IBM I-Series architecture (hardware & software).
- Minimum of 2-3 years customer facing, leading meetings and gathering requirements.
- Ability to research and resolve issues independently in response to Help Tickets.
- Experience responding to support calls in a highly visible environment.
- Prior experience in design of complex systems.
- Prior experience as project leader on programming development project team.
- Four years college or equivalent experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing database and distributive processing applications.
- Sound understanding of standard business processes.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- BPCS experience would be a big plus.