Sr. Enterprise Data Architect
- Location: Bloomington, IL
- Start Date: 1/19/2021
- Job ID: 21-00030
- Posting Date: 1/19/2021
- Job Type: Direct Placement
This role will be responsible for developing data architecture plans and driving the plans to fruition in collaboration with business and IT. You will play a key role in driving a number of data and analytics initiatives including: Cloud data transformation, data governance, data quality, MDM, and data science.
- Define Cloud reference architectures to promote reusable patterns and promote best practices for data integration and consumption.
- Guide the data science team in implementing the analytics models.
- Serve as a data science architect delivering the technology and architecture services to the data science community. In addition, guide application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states.
- Build, maintain and govern an enterprise level blueprint depicting a holistic view of the organization's business strategy through the supporting technology.
- Partner with Business representatives, Application Portfolio & Application Development, Engineering, Operations and Support, IT Security, Digital partners, IT Planning, and the Project Management Office.
- Provide guidance and direction to the overall technical strategy and roadmap by aligning cost-effective and reusable solutions while advancing the usage of new emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- Define and govern a series of deliverables and processes within the organization's operating model, ensuring every aspect of architecture is thoroughly considered and effectively executed. Develop a community of practice for the proper execution of the architectural components and for the enablement of solutions architecture.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- 10+ years of IT experience including data architecture, leading teams and projects
- Strong skills in data architecture, Cloud data transformation, MDM, data governance, and data science capabilities.
- Experience with data architecture and best practices to support batch/streaming ingestion, efficient batch, real-time, and near real-time integration/ETL, integrating quality rules, and structuring data for analytic consumption by end uses.
- Ability to lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final recommendation.
- Well versed in many data domains (Data Warehousing, Data Governance, MDM, Data Quality, Data Catalog, Analytics, BI, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB).
- Experience with Cloud data technologies such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, etc.
- Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, Kafka, Oracle, Java, Unix, etc.