Senior DevOps Engineer
- Location: Princeton, NJ
- Start Date: 11/11/2020
- Job ID: 20-00565
- Posting Date: 11/11/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Sr DevOps Engineer
Experience, Technical Skills:
|Basic Purpose:||As a Sr DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for service monitoring and uptime, fault resolution, patching, testing (functional and security), and involvement in development and deployment.
A key function of the role is to ensure continuous improvement of services though the identification, testing, and implementation of automation and improvements to processes and systems.
This role will involve partnering with Development, Testing, Quality and Service Operations teams to deliver solutions on hybrid-based infrastructure and platform services.
It is crucial for the Sr DevOps engineer role to be aware of the entire environment that they work in. That is, a full-stack technology awareness is essential, from an understanding of the codebase through to the underlying infrastructure, and the way revenue is generated from these systems.
- Identify improvements in operations, processes, and systems.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting systems.
- Develop and maintain frictionless UAT and Production environments.
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment tools for use by development teams.
- Incorporate security testing, validation, and compliance into system workflows.
- Automate workflows and systems.
- Implement and maintain systems of measurement and metrics.
- Maintain version control of infrastructure, platforms, and systems.
- Plan for capacity requirement changes over time.
- Maintain and manage backup/restore and disaster recovery systems.
- Stay up to date with technology, particularly in the Cloud, DevOps and continuous lifecycle areas, and leverage new technology and tools to improve suites and systems of work.
- Work with other teams and functions as required to maintain and improve systems and products.
Experience, Technical Skills:
- At least 5+ years' experience leveraging DevOps in Hybrid pipelines for IaaS and PaaS services.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience running infrastructure and platform services in a public cloud platform, such as AWS and/or Azure
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience with software-defined network, compute and storage platforms
- Experience with release and configuration management automation tools. Puppet Manifest, Ruby DSL or Python scripting experience.
- You use automation to make your job more efficient (Ruby, Python, Java shell and power shell scripting etc.)
- In-depth understanding of SaaS operations best practices.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as AppOptics, SolarWinds, Pingdom, Splunk, CloudWatch, Librato, DataDog, Graphite, Grafana, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of programming languages like Python, Java and Groovy
- Experience with multiple Databases (Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server) and Operating Systems (Windows, Linux)
- Ability to Install & configure GitLab solutions
- Experience in code, test & deploy withGitLab
- Experience working with PowerShell
- Experience with Azure or AWS platforms
- Crucial tech is - Jenkins, GitLab and Azure DevOps
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide quick resolution
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Results oriented and manage multiple priorities
- Should be self-starter, self-motivated and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented