Oracle Support Analyst
- Location: Glenwillow, OH
- Start Date: 10/16/2020
- Job ID: 20-00514
- Posting Date: 10/16/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use Oracle E-Business Suite R12 efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, financials, sales, inventory, shipping and other business units. Responsible for assisting in our Oracle team in the design, delivery and improvement of Oracle Applications, organizing training programs and related courseware.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within Oracle E-Business Suite and other software applications used.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue using task tracker system.
- Escalate and work with Internal Oracle team and/or third-party support as needed.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and end users.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Maintain knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources on to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform testing and validation of applications during preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, and software upgrades.
- 3+ years of IT experience
- Recent experience with Oracle including Oracle E-Business Suite R12/Oracle Applications and modules included Financials (GL, AP, AR) Inventory, Order Management, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting and support principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of programming languages and techniques including SQL or PL/SQL are helpful.
- Excellent communication skills