Manager, Cost Control (Contracts and Incentives)
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Start Date: 9/10/2020
- Job ID: 20-00433
- Posting Date: 9/10/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Business expert in operational expenditures and local revenue tasked to guarantee utilization and monitoring of rebates and special agreements, manage contracts databases and quantify financial impacts of contractual changes. The Manager, Cost Control (Contracts and Incentives) will validate financial results related to incentives and rebates, advise user areas about achieved and missing incentives and ensure availability of updated database of contracts for reference and invoice validation. This leader should be compliance driven self-motivated an should have outstanding skills to track permanent changes and to organize information in a collaborative environment.
This position will be responsible to:
- Assess contracts and map Contractual clauses that require monitoring. Set up monitoring and manage periodical follow up.
- Advise user areas about reaching required tiers and propose improvements to obtain full benefit of incentives
- Validate and report financial impact of contractual changes reporting- GAIN (results reporting tool)
- Design tools to automate and increase efficiency of rebate monitoring.
- Manage Contracts and tariffs databases in accurate and timely manner and ensure information is available for internal users as per function and confidentiality policies
- Develop and mentor a high performing team engaged in a permanent improvement and innovation culture.
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university required
- 4-6 years' experience in the following:
- Experience in control and application of contractual terms, complex contract interpretation or procurement, preferred in container shipping, logistics or supply chain companies
- Experience in reporting information to top management
- Industry expertise related to procurement, or interpreting contracts on operations, or logistics team
- Working knowledge of procurement, contract management
- Training or working knowledge in financial forecasting
- Training or working knowledge in Lean Six Sigma or another optimization methodology preferred
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office products and data visualization
- Ability to read and interpret contractual agreements
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex situations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with strong presentation skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Accepts responsibility and accountability with focus on results
- Ability to monitor and manage priorities and work on multiple tasks concurrently
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- MBA or master's degree in logistics, supply chain or similar field preferred
- 2-4 years' shipping , logistics or supply chain preferred
- Internal applicants to have experience with ERP/OCEAN/SAP/LARA/ACE
- Preferred experience as team manager