|The System Engineer III - Workload Automation is a member of the Integration Services Operations group which is responsible for the accurate and timely execution of more than 2000 unique jobs required to support the company's Non-Emergency Transportation (NEMT) services for our client's members. The group delivers best-in-class service, stability and performance using Enterprise Job Scheduling and Automation technologies.
Reporting directly to the Lead Systems Engineer Workload Automation, the role is responsible for the development, testing, and implementation of automated data processing workflows to meet both the company's and our client's needs.
Additional responsibilities will include maintenance and administration of several applications and environments including:
- IT Automation Scheduler
- HIPAA Transaction processing and validation system
- RedPoint Data Management
The System Engineer III - Workload Automation will work with other team members to monitor the scheduling and execution of the technologies utilized to validate the successful completion of all workflows according to the SLA's set, and troubleshoot, document, and report any execution exceptions.
|The System Engineer III - Workload Automation's primary role will be to develop, troubleshoot automated workflows, and monitor and respond to IT Automation Scheduler needs.
The System Engineer III - Workload Automation will provide support for the various applications that are used by the IS Operations team.
- Design, develop and implement advanced automated workflows integrating multiple proprietary, commercial and open-source technologies
- Monitor the automated workflow processes
- Develop, document, implement and adhere to departmental and company best practices to support the performance, reliability, security and accuracy of all applications involved in the workflow automation jobs
- Assist in keeping workload automation technologies and environments up to date
- Assist leadership with capacity planning, performance analysis and developing business continuity plans
- Assist leadership with the development of KPI's, which are used for monitoring ongoing management of service level compliance
The System Engineer III - Workload Automation will have an ongoing responsibility to process documentation and improvement.
- Troubleshoot job execution exceptions
- Initiate the appropriate corrective action for job execution exceptions including appropriate notification, escalation and remediation
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide afterhours support when needed
- Work with internal technical teams and various vendors to resolve any systemic issues or questions that arise
- Resolve assigned escalated issues in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain process documentation on all automated workflows
- Update appropriate process documentation during development and implementation of any new workflow or when updating an existing workflow
|Specified Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with workload automation / job schedule technologies such as JAMS Scheduler (preferred), Active Batch, Control-M, Microsoft Orchestrator or other similar technologies.
- Develop new and update existing workflows
- Create and maintain environment variables
- Version Control
- Promote workflows between environments
- Query and maintain back end SQL database
- Experience working with AWS technologies and services
- S3 Bucket file transfers
- EC2 Instances
- Experience performing software updates of workload automation technologies.
- Install and test software patches in Development and Production environments
- Work with internal technical contacts and external vendors to resolve and report issues
- Experience working with project management software such as Jira or WorkFront.
- Project and Task creation
- Set and adhere to specific task and overall project deadlines
- Manage Project and Task progress throughout the life of the Project / Task
- Experience with application integration using RESTFUL web services
- Experience with the following scripting languages:
- Experience with FTP/SFTP/FTPS protocols and programs.
- Basic understanding of SQL language.
- Basic understanding of data file formats:
- Flat fixed length
- X12/EDI (not required but a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to dissect/analyze a problem, focus on the issue and engage/escalate appropriately to ensure accurate job execution, data quality/integrity and SLAs are met.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
|Preferred Skills and Certifications
- Familiar with one or more enterprise SQL environments such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle or similar technologies
- Capable of writing basic SQL queries using inner and outer joins to retrieve data
- Experience with Python Scripting and Development
- Experience with request, incident, problem and change management applications and procedures
- Experience with HIPAA compliance a plus