EDI Integration Analyst
- Location: Linthicum, MD
- Start Date: 10/3/2019
- Job ID: 20-00008
- Posting Date: 1/6/2020
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Scope and Purpose of Position:
The role of the EDI Integration Analyst is to support the Clients' EDI team in implementing and maintaining EDI X12 solutions and is responsible for assisting the ongoing operational excellence of the enterprise technology environment. This includes the development, design and maintenance of inbound data processing and outbound data processing using the tools within the business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and analyze EDI solutions using IBM Transformation Extender Advanced (ITXA) and IBM GenTran tools.
- Perform complex healthcare EDI X12 mapping activities related to standard formats including 837 inbound claims, 837 outbound encounters, 834 inbound enrollment and 835 remittance advice.
- Migrate and convert existing maps from IBM GenTran to IBM ITXA technology base
- Integrate EDI X12 files with Optum Transaction Validation Manager (OTVM) for compliance checks and validation
- Develop SQL queries and stored procedures and automate integration with EDI X12 processes
- Develop EDI transaction processing and validation reporting solutions
- Participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of various components and systems that are required to be highly efficient, robust and scalable.
- Design, develop and implement system-monitoring tools for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners that adhere to organizational compliance standards
- Design, develop and implement automation tools and processes for all inbound, internal and outbound data transmissions with systems, customers and partners.
- Identify, analyze and communicate recurring problems and develop remediation plans.
- Review and enhance documentation for troubleshooting and resolution procedures for all levels of support.
- Maintain compliance and reporting for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners
- Lead and participate in providing data and informational requests for internal and external audits surrounding file archiving and data controls.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required in a Computer Science, Technology or Engineering program
- 5+ years' experience in healthcare EDI
- 5+ years' with XML data mapping and/or XSLT transformations with IBM ITXA and/or IBM GenTran
- 5+ year's experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare EDI X12 standards, including 837, 834, 835, 999, TA1, 270/271 and 277CA specifications
- Experience in adhering to SSAE 16 and SOC-1 Compliance standards for SDLC design and implementation
- Prior experience with IBM JCL programming a plus
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with enterprise environments that include multiple site location
- Ability to read and interpret documents clearly and informatively
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
- The ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Work independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute manual detailed tasks
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, customers, internal and external clients.