- Location: Chicago, IL
- Start Date: 11/14/2019
- Job ID: 19-00681
- Posting Date: 11/14/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The EDI Manager is responsible for leading the daily activities and the strategic direction of the Enrollment Administration team comprised of EDI and Eligibility Management. Using solid knowledge of EDI will help implement and manage successful EDI solutions that will strengthen standard operating procedures and further scale operations. In addition, this function leads a business team interfacing with Intelligent Process Automation and other technology to successfully load eligibility files through our policy administration system. Understanding the interdependency between staff and technology for successful file processing is critical to optimize resources, manage all sized case volumes and anticipate potential failures or disruptions to ensure business continuity. The EDI Manager will be a key liaison between internal business units for all EDI requirements, particularly eligibility and enrollments. Is a key stakeholder and business leader, commitment to continuous improvement efforts by developing business processes and strategic leadership, will help to best serve the providers and members.
- Lead the Enrollment Administration team comprised of EDI file management, Eligibility Management, (overall File Processing and Benefit Changes team ensuring enrollment and benefits change files and data are processed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner). Ensure that any processing problems or issues are resolved in a timely manner to meet expected service levels
- Liaison between external partners and client.
- Liaison between business units and the EDI team.
- Monitor standardized SLAs and KPIs, support management in the regular use of Dashboards and Metrics to optimize the use of business resources
- Strong operational discipline with well documented processes, resource models and business continuity plans
- Seek to implement effective quality metrics and leverage quality management tools (e.g. Verint)
- Leverage subject matter expertise and support functions of other internal partners – Worksite
- Manage work intake, prioritization, assignment and maintenance of EDI processes and applications.
- Ensure adherence to the IT Change Management process (ie SFTP site).
- Responsible for the design and architecture of scalable and robust EDI solutions.
- Create and integrate maps and processes within EDI systems.
- Participate in and provide analytical support for the design and implementation of new systems.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for implementation and integration of EDI transaction maps.
- Develop global processes related to EDI services and support.
- Oversee operational support for EDI platform and applications, including issue resolution.
- Provide ongoing internal customer support for EDI product questions and problems.
- Ensure development, documentation, and communication of progress reports pertaining to new EDI transaction maps, business edits and new trading partner onboarding.
- Manage EDI-related business support responsibilities, which include production monitoring, file maintenance, ad-hoc reporting, and consultation with internal and external users.
- Perform team administrative duties including status reporting, team development, and self/peer/project assessments.
- Develop analytical skills and increases applications knowledge within the team and lead efforts to develop department core competencies, execute cross training, and implement succession plan.
- Carry out personnel management activities including performance management and career development.
- Mentor, coach, and guide staff under EDI management team.
- Collaborate with all of ITS Management peers to facilitate the alignment of organizational business and information technology strategies and plans.
- Ensure appropriate level of support for the ongoing performance of EDI processes and applications.
- Maintain a leadership role in setting service direction and ensures standards and policies are maintained and compatible with client standards.
- Collaborate with all ITS Management peers to improve departmental and organizational performance by developing benchmark measures to evaluate productivity and service quality.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of EDI experience
- Recent experience leading EDI teams and projects including strategic planning and daily operations
- Experience with EDI leadership and project management, including managing/developing staff, promoting teamwork and encouraging innovative ideas.
- Working with business stakeholders to define application strategies, roadmaps and funding requests.
- Experience with .NET or SQL a plus
- Strategic thinking and planning with operational execution excellence.
- Thrives in collaboration with team members and end-users.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Managing time and stress in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.