Technical Writer Consultant
- Location: Racine, WI
- Start Date: 11/8/2019
- Job ID: 19-00668
- Posting Date: 11/8/2019
- Job Type: Contract
Individual will assist in the creation, review and revision of documents (SOPs, forms, jobs aids, training material, batch records, etc.) and other manufacturing department documents. Individual will work with production operations, maintenance planners, technicians, and supervisors to understand the objective of each document to ensure that all documents contain the required content. Individual will interpret information and organize it properly for accuracy, readability and format, while ensuring the proper grammar and spelling is used in all documents.
- Edit and format incoming requests for new or revised documents (SOPs, forms, jobs aids, training material, etc.)
- Analyze existing procedures for concurrence with correct department methods and production records relative to company policies, governmental regulations and license requirements.
- Write procedures with appropriate details that are easily understood and readily usable for consistency in training.
- Work with Manufacturing personnel to gather information as requested for inclusion in their procedure, method, and specification.
- Collects and analyzes the information necessary to complete the creation and revision of forms, and records.
- Determine if existing documentation/procedures are: Current and that there is consistency between similar documents. Meet internal control policies and regulations. Aligned with changes as required to current standards based on related investigations, and audit responses. Required or redundant. Support the development of new and revised documents, including suggestions for suitable terminology, content, and format.
- Assist in maintaining control of documentation to include accurate document history and change revision documentation.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Able to learn and understand industrial processes in order to design related SOPs.
- Experience with manufacturing, consumer goods, or industrial materials helpful
- Able to edit documents quickly and efficiently to incorporate required revisions.
- Develops and applies standardized document formats where applicable.
- Able to effectively proofread documents prepared by self and others for content and others to ensure content and formatting accuracy.
- Able to write clearly and concisely with strong English background with excellent grammar, good writing skills and knowledge of sentence structure.
- Effective active listening skills.
- Able to translate verbal guidance into precise operating instructions.
- Adheres to and applies standard document formats while maintaining technical content of new and revised documents.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.