- Location: melville, NY
- Start Date: 11/8/2019
- Job ID: 19-00667
- Posting Date: 11/8/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
This position is responsible for assisting in monthly close activities focusing payroll, bonus/MBOs, monthly accruals and Bank reconciliations across business groups. This role reports to the Core Accounting Operations Manager and works closely with others on the Corporate Accounting team.
- Perform day to day month end close activities, including manual journal entries, account reconciliations, & roll-forwards/other analyses
- Perform analyses, record periodic, recurring journal entries based on business rules
- Liaise with Management to provide insight into significant account balance fluctuations
- Support initiatives with BU Finance teams to drive process improvements and ensure accurate accounting
- Perform Payroll, MBO and Bonus accruals and appropriate re-classes
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and related journal entries for payroll, AP/AR and Bank reconciliations.
Intermediate level professional; developing knowledge within own discipline. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of limited to moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve straightforward problems. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instruction and guidance on new projects or assignments.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 1 to 3 years of related professional experience.
Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Accounting required. CPA a +.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems JDE, HFM, Great Plains & Macola) and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in Distribution / Healthcare industry preferred
- Intermediate level Excel skills required
- General proficiency of tools and systems (HFM, PBCS, Concur), JDE, Macola, Great Plains.
- Experience gathering and interpreting data