EDI Programmer Analyst
- Location: Troy, MI
- Start Date: 10/23/2019
- Job ID: 19-00644
- Posting Date: 10/23/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
EDI Programmer Analyst responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining software systems to meet our client's needs. In addition, the individual is responsible for assisting in detailing specifications for those applications and assisting in documenting them to ensure they are built properly in the first place and then are easier to maintain thereafter. The individual may use a variety of computer programming languages and applications to develop the requested software.
- Analyzing EDI needs, development, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, modification and installation of all EDI processes
- Serve as a technical expert on EDI including, loops, segments, and elements
- Initiates, communicates and coordinates all EDI activities with trading partners
- Maintain documentation on procedures and processes
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA policies and procedures
- Implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Designing, writing and testing new software programs in our company framework using SQL and .NET
- Maintaining systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Working with commercial software packages
- Assisting in creating technical specifications and test plans as requested
- Working closely with staff such as business analysts, project managers, customer service staff, other programmers, operations staff, business administrative staff, etc.
- Implementing new software into a production environment via our agreed upon change control processes.
- Should be self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision
- 5+ years of IT/EDI experience
- Recent experience with EDI X12 transactions (Healthcare EDI experience helpful including 834, 835, 837, 997, etc.)
- Recent SQL Server experience to include data analysis, development, testing, troubleshooting, etc.
- SQL reporting experience helpful (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with .NET development preferred