- Location: Oak Ridge, TN
- Start Date: 9/4/2019
- Job ID: 19-00542
- Posting Date: 9/4/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Actively looking to hire a Controller for the Knoxville, TN area. This Controller will manage the accounting and control functions of the company, ensuring accurate and timely financial information, and directs the financial reporting of the business and its operations. Manages the day to day activities of accounting department.
- Point financial person in the organization and part of management team
- Ensures accurate and timely close of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Oversees the completion of the daily accounting processes, and the monthly closing process.
- Prepares financial reports for management and executes appropriate internal controls
- Oversees activities of credit department, proper approval by management of credit memos and cross-functional collaboration with Quality Department
- Ensures vendor payment procedures are in place and payments are made in a timely manner
- Provides oversight over expenses and costs in the company, and provides insights to management regarding cost management
- Coordinates and oversees the monthly physical inventory process, including the analysis and treatment of variances between the physical inventory and the recorded inventory amounts.
- Ensures inventory costing methodology is properly applied
- Provides financial analyses as needed, covering the various facets of the company including inventory management, capital expenditures, pricing, operational efficiencies, sales trends, etc.
- Perform daily banking transactions
- Supervision of accounts payable, accounts receivable and invoicing functions
- Maintain Fixed Asset records, and completion of annual fixed asset audit
- Coordinates the development of standard operating procedures for key areas of the business, including inventory management, purchasing, receiving, shipping, warranties/returns, and any other areas designated by management
- Oversees the accounting system, chart of accounts, formatting of financial statements, and overall accounting system performance.
- Ensures that the Company complies with local, state and governments reporting and tax filings.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10-12 years of professional accounting experience, including at least 5 years in supervisor role
- CPA a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with inventory management systems
- Experience with accounting software beyond QuickBooks and some experience with ERP system implementation (desirable but not mandatory)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including email, Excel, Word and PowerPoint