- Location: Watertown, WI
- Start Date: 8/29/2019
- Job ID: 19-00534
- Posting Date: 8/29/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The EDI Specialist main objective is to develop, coordinate, implement, and support all EDI related developments for the organization. The position is responsible for analyzing EDI requirements from Trade/Business Partners to develop and implement interfaces, applications, and mappings. The EDI Specialist services as the link between the organization and EDI Trade/Business Partners. This individual is also responsible for maintaining the order management systems including order capture, fulfillment, and pricing.
- Develop relationship with functional departments and develop an understanding of business processes and current and future needs
- Lead the design and development and configuration of sales and distribution systems
- Provide first line of functional IT support for issues related to the sales, distribution and EDI systems
- Set up and maintain trading partnerships (i.e. EDI communications, company information including contacts, EDI documents, etc.)
- Develop and test maps for EDI messages
- Work with trading partners to set up initial compliance requirements
- Daily monitoring EDI process, observing data transactions to record and assist in resolving errors
- Configure and support communications software components
- Identify and communicate any opportunities and improvements to the EDI processes
- Assist the team with problem solving
- Participate in IS meetings to provide updates on all activities surrounding ERP Application system support.
- Work with other members of the Information Services staff in providing end user support and maintaining a solid and healthy computing environment
- Keep current on new technology, software applications, and hardware. Make recommendations to management on areas where company can improve cost or efficiency through new or improved technology.
- On a rotating basis with other information services personnel, provide 24x7 support for information services functions. This requires keeping in possession a cell phone and responding in a reasonable amount of time to any calls/voice mails received.
- 3+ years of EDI experience
- Knowledge of EDI ANSI X12 standards required such as 810, 850, 856, 860, etc.
- Hands-on experience with an industry-standard EDI mapping system (TrustedLink helpful)
- Experience with ERP systems (knowledge of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is a plus)
- Experience with Retail, Manufacturing, or Distribution EDI helpful
- Effective time-management skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities