Programmer/Analyst - SQL
- Location: Westwood, MA
- Start Date: 8/27/2019
- Job ID: 19-00532
- Posting Date: 8/27/2019
- Job Type: Right to Hire
The Programmer analyst's main responsibility is to ensure the operational efficiency and excellence of an organization and the applications that support it. The programmer analyst will understand the customer's business requirements and then translate them into particular software solutions. The scope of responsibilities includes all locations or our client including remote users and international locations. Reports into the Manager of Application Development.
Duties and Responsibilities*
- Collecting and analyzing the business requirements and transferring the same knowledge into workable/programmable solutions.
- Providing suggestions during the development stage of any product to meet the client's business needs.
- Preparing accurate, detailed and well documented programming solutions.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver functional requirements like screen, interface, and report designs.
- Support the new ERP system and all of the key system interfaces.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios with the appropriate business area.
- Managing all aspects of change requests related to existing applications.
- Develop and maintain a corporate application architecture including an application inventory.
- Provide weekly feedback to manager on all project status'
- Three to five years experience in software development (SQL required)
- Proficient in Business Requirements Gathering, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Development Life Cycle Process, Analyzing Information, Software Maintenance, Promoting Process Improvement
- Working knowledge of CGS Blue Cherry software a definite plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of Project Management standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task assignments
- Capable of working independently with little direction as well as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication