Infrastructure Project Manager Consultant
- Location: Racine, WI
- Start Date: 7/31/2019
- Job ID: 19-00486
- Posting Date: 7/31/2019
- Job Type: Contract
We are looking for a highly energetic and experienced Project Manager who will work in a global organization, delivering complex IT projects in support of both business and BPT. Projects span a wide variety of technology and infrastructure initiatives, including, mergers & acquisitions, technology transformations, application hosting, manufacturing and facilities initiatives, global hardware deployments and life cycle management. The selected candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills; with ability to communicate accurately and concisely to both project team members and to senior leaders & stakeholders. He/she will demonstrate a sense of urgency and decisiveness; take prompt action to accomplish goals; and proactively influence events and outcomes. The individual will be able to manage work and timelines across multiple functions and regions, while maintaining strong and positive working relationships across these diverse groups.
- Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines. Align project management assignments with required ITIL processes, i.e. Change and Release management.
- Full project lifecycle ownership; from initiation through deployment and closeout within defined timelines, budgets, and success criteria.
- Engage resources and gain commitment from multiple teams and vendors with clear alignment on priorities.
- Work with cross functional partners to define project scope and success criteria.
- Manage project scope, change management and communication.
- Meet specific financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Track and reconcile financials and purchases across regions in support of projects.
- Establish project risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Create good working relationships across the project team and stakeholders. Coach, mentor, and motivate project teams. Address team concerns and constraints. Build trust among the project stakeholders. Establish a positive experience for anyone connected to the project.
- Develop and deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication. Ensure alignment with Senior Leadership through regular project stakeholder communication and milestone updates.
- Demonstrate acumen on how solutions will meet requirements. Understand the interdependencies between technology and business needs.
- Provide input and oversight on other projects within the I&O portfolio, to mature project delivery and execution across the team.
- 5+ years of IT project management experience
- Technical and Infrastructure project management is required. Examples would include (but are not limited to) experience delivering technology foundation in support of larger initiatives, leading network or hosting initiatives globally, managing technology transformation projects, and supporting warehouse manufacturing initiatives with technology integration.
- Experience leading cross functional projects against demanding timelines.
- Broad technical background and experiences with ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience in traditional and Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience working with a global team (time zone, geographical location) preferred.
- Experience working in a mature PMO with formal process, stage gates, reporting, financial tracking, etc.
- General knowledge of ITIL with experience working/implementing in organizations that have implemented ITIL.
- Experience working with MS Project
- PMP Certification preferred
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers