Desktop Support Consultant
- Location: Racine, WI
- Start Date: 7/22/2019
- Job ID: 19-00473
- Posting Date: 7/22/2019
- Job Type: Contract
- Replacing end of life computers with new ones (laptops, desktops, thin clients) in support of lifecycle management and sunset Windows 7 initiatives.
- Follow written instructions to execute a computer replacement process including imaging, installing applications and data transfer
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills related to installing applications, imaging computers, setting up and configuring new hardware, drivers, etc.
- Answer questions about new equipment and assist with basic OS navigation and configuration settings
- Assist client with the self-service data migration process
- 2+ years in of IT/Desktop Support experience
- Basic understanding of Thin Clients/VDI computers
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Network (LAN) concepts in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of Windows 10 operating system including but not limited to navigation, configuring display/multiple monitor settings, configuring power options, setting up printers
- Customer service/communication skills as this individual will be working with our end-clients directly to execute this work